Guacamole is a delicious and super healthy food, packed full of healthy fats, tons of different vitamins and minerals, and with this recipe, a little extra dash of something special.
I can literally eat it with a spoon – no chips required.
It’s pretty simple to make. A few basic, fresh ingredients and you’re set. So, without further adieu, here’s our ultimate CBD guacamole recipe.
But first, and this is important, for the best guac, along with some high quality CBD, you want to use ripe avocados. After all, they’re the foundation for the dish.
How Do You Know When an Avocado is Ripe?
How do you know your avocados are at the perfect stage for guac?
- Check the color. Look for avocados that are darker in color than the others. These may be riper than fresh avocados with lighter skin. Check the outer skin of the avocado for any large indentations as this may be a sign that the fruit has been bruised.
- Check the firmness. Hold the avocado in the palm of your hand and give it a gentle squeeze. Don’t press into it with your fingers or you’ll bruise it. It will feel lightly soft but shouldn’t feel mushy – if it does, it’s overripe.
If there’s a stem, you can also check ripeness that way. Pull the stem out gently. If it’s green underneath, it’s ready to eat. If it doesn’t pull out easily, it needs a couple more days to ripen. See brown underneath? It’s overripe.
CBD Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 large plum tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice (more if needed)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 droppers CBD oil
- Cut avocados up into chunks.
- Add the lime juice and salt to the bowl and mash up together with a fork.
- Gently stir in the CBD oil.
- Dice the tomatoes, crush the garlic and chop the cilantro and jalapeño pepper. Add to the bowl, gently fold in.
- Taste test. Add more salt, lime juice or peppers if needed.
Serve with fresh veg, chips, or on top of your tacos. And don’t forget your favorite CBD cocktail! Enjoy!
If you have any left (doubtful), it’ll keep in the fridge for a few days.
Expert Tip: If you’re not going to serve right away, press one of the avocado pits into the middle of the bowl. Just don’t forget to remove it before serving.