Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Seriously though, it breaks your overnight fasting period, and it replenishes your supply of glucose to boost your energy and alertness. And CBD overnight oats provides extra nutrition to give your body what it craves right off the hop!
Tired of the same old, same old for breakfast? Sure, eggs and bacon are great, and cereal is easy, but sometimes it’s nice to switch it up a little! Here’s how to make CBD overnight oats, but first…
Why We Love Them
Oats have more protein than most grains, they’re a good source of fiber, and they’re high in antioxidants.
But those aren’t the only reasons we love them.
- They taste great! Alongside the oats and liquid, you can add pretty much whatever you want – fruit, maple syrup, chocolate, peanut butter, hemp seeds, nuts… the sky’s the limit! Mix and match flavor combos to make a different one each day of the week. This also means you can make them as healthy as you want)!
- Make them ahead. Want a little more time in the morning – whether you’re heading out the door to work, or scrambling to get the kids ready for online classes, just make them the night before and grab them in the morning!
- Vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free – whatever your needs, these oats hit the spot.
- They’re easy to make in bulk. A little prep on Sunday night (they seriously don’t take long) and you’re set for breakfast for the whole week!
How to Make CBD Overnight Oats
If you’ve never had overnight oats, they’re basically a no-cook method of making oatmeal. So, instead of cooking oatmeal on the stovetop or in the microwave, you soak the raw oats in some type of liquid.
There are only 2 necessary ingredients:
- Oats: Obviously this one is non-negotiable. Make sure to use plain old-fashioned oats and not quick oats because the consistency is best with rolled oats. You can also use gluten-free oats.
- Liquid: Dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, you can even use water! You need something to soak the oats.
Obviously CBD overnight oats also require CBD, but after that, you’re in the driver’s seat as far as flavor.
What you need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5-2 cups liquid
- Your morning dose of CBD oil
To make them, stir together the oats, liquid, and CBD together. Pour the mixture in an airtight container – we like mason jars – they’re eco-friendly and easy to transport. Then, leave them in the fridge to soak. They need about 2 hours, but overnight is best.
Now, this recipe is plain and boring. If you like plain and boring, have at it. However, you’re probably going to want to add something to sweeten them up, and something for a little flavor. Here are some of our favorite add-ons:
- vanilla extract
- peanut butter
- brown sugar
- greek yogurt (cut some of the liquid if you do this i.e 1 cup oats, 1 cup milk, 1/2 cup yogurt)
- chia seeds
- sliced almonds