I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! In our case, that usually means CBD ice cream.
And sure, you can buy CBD ice cream premade, but we like to make our own! That way we control the ingredients, including the amount of CBD oil in the recipe.
Don’t have an ice cream maker? Don’t worry – neither do we! This recipe is easy, no fancy machinery required.
Va-va-vanilla CBD Ice Cream
This is a basic (but delicious) vanilla CBD ice cream recipe. It forms the base of any ice cream we make.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- CBD oil
- Start by placing your container int he freezer. We like to use a 13×9-inch Pyrex pan, but anything stainless steel works well here, too. You want it nice and cold.
- Take your vanilla bean and split it in half lengthwise. With a knife, carefully scrape out the seeds. You’ll add those seeds, not the bean shell.
- In a large bowl, stir all the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved. And we mean really dissolved, or you’ll end up with grainy ice cream, and no one likes that!
- Once well mixed, transfer your mixture into the cold pan and stick it back in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Once the edges start to freeze, take it out and beat it using a hand mixer. By breaking up the ice cream, you’ll help make it smooth and creamy. You cannot beat the mixture too much.
- Now back in the freezer! Every 30 minutes or so, take it back out and beat the ice cream again. Repeat until it’s completely frozen. Once it’s frozen, it should be smooth and creamy. If at any time the ice cream becomes too hard, place it in the refrigerator until it becomes soft enough to beat, and then continue the process.
- Once you’ve reached your desired creaminess level, transfer to a freezer safe container with a lid and keep it in the freezer.
[RELATED] When we make ice cream for ourselves, we always like to make some sweet treats for our pups at the same time – that way they can enjoy a nice pupsicle while we have our ice cream. Here are a few recipes!
Go Bold with Flavor
Now, the above recipe is just for plain old vanilla. It’s good vanilla, don’t get us wrong, but you can always kick it up enough!
Here are some of our favorite flavor combos. In most cases, just add the additional flavors at the end, when you add your CBD oil:
- Strawberry – add some fresh strawberry chunks
- Mint chocolate – add some milk chocolate chunks when you’ve fully combines the eggs, and some fresh chopped mint when you add the CBD
- PB&J – some peanut butter and jam
- Blueberry banana – chop up some banana into small chunks and add the fruit
- Honey Lemon – add honey and fresh lemon juice
Voila, homemade gourmet CBD ice cream! Enjoy.