Fettuccine alfredo is a big hit in our house. Nothing beats a nice bowl of al dente pasta with a rich, creamy sauce and some grilled chicken.
Well, nothing but CBD fettuccine alfredo.
And there’s no jarred sauce here. Alfredo sauce is so easy to make and it’s always delicious. A few simple ingredients and some fresh bread on the side and you’re in for a treat.
CBD Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe is perfect for 2 – but you can easily double it if you’re having guests or feeding more. Ready, set, buon appetito!
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 11/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 droppers of the CBD oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts
- If you’re adding chicken, slice your chicken breasts and fry in a pan on a medium-high heat in a little butter or oil. Cook for 5–7 minutes on each side.
- In a large pot, heat water over high heat until boiling. Add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions. Drain, but save some pasta water. It’s full of flavor and can be used to thin out the sauce.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in heavy cream.
- Let heavy cream reduce and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and whisk well until smooth. Keep over heat and whisk well until cheese is melted. Add a little pasta water if it needs to be thinned out.
- Add your CBD oil and stir well.
- Gently toss the sauce in with the pasta, then add the remaining parmesan cheese. Don’t forget to add your chicken.
- Garnish with Italian parsley, if so desired.
Tip: We spice things up a bit by hitting the chicken with cajun spices as it cooks!
A Healthier Alternative
We love CBD fettuccine alfredo the traditional way – with fettuccine noodles.
But it isn’t the only way to eat it. Nor is it the healthiest, to be completely honest.
And sure, we may not skimp on the cream and cheese in the sauce, but you can go for a healthier option when it comes to the noodles: zoodles.
No, we don’t mean a can of animal-shaped pasta. We mean noodles made out of zucchini! They make it easy to skip all those carbs in pasta, plus you get the healthy nutrients and antioxidants in the veg.
In fact, zucchini is an ideal pasta substitute, because it can handle any kind of pasta sauce. Whether you’re going for CBD fettuccine alfredo or classic spaghetti and meatballs, zucchini may become your new favorite.
The easiest way to make zoodles that we’ve found is with a spiralizer. On the widest setting it makes noodles that are the perfect size for optimal sauce coverage. If you don’t have a spiralizer, don’t worry. You can also make zoodles using a vegetable peeler. Just go slowly and use the peeler to make zucchini strips. Or, you can even use a regular knife – you just want to make them thin.
The best part is, you don’t even need to cook them. cut them up first so they get to room temp, then just toss them well in the sauce and that will warm them enough. You can if you like, but a really rapid steam is all they’ll need, otherwise they’ll get soggy and mushy.