Here at Source, we’re big animals lovers. From dogs and cats to snakes and tigers – we’ve helped thousands of animals big and small with all kinds of conditions. A great deal of what we do, including research and product development, has to do with CBD and pets.
And last week, we joined Julie Anne Lee of Adored Beast Apothecary to talk about CBD and pets and just how CBD works.
We dove deep into the science together.
Some of the things we covered include:
- Full spectrum CBD vs isolate
- If your CBD should be organic
- How to read a certificate of analysis
- CBD and pets and the endocannabinoid system in animals
- Benefits of CBD for our animals
We had so much fun and you’re guaranteed to learn a lot – so check it out!
Keep reading to the end for our favorite way to give our pets CBD!
CBD and Pets: Other Resources
If you’d like to find out more about CBD and pets, check out some of our other articles:
There are several different things to look for when you’re searching for a high quality CBD oil for dogs. We created this post with an easy to follow checklist so you can get the best product for your pet.
Getting the dosage right for your pet can take some time, but there are general guidelines to follow to help you out. We always say to start out slow and work your way up. This post will help you navigate dosing to meet your animal’s individual needs.
This is a common question we get asked all the time – and it’s an important one. You don’t want to leave your pet feeling uncomfortable or with a sensation that’s new and unwelcome. So, will it give your pet that feeling? If that’s something you’re concerned about, read this post.
A Homemade CBD Treat Recipe
One of our favorite ways to give our dogs CBD, aside from just as a tincture itself, is in treats! And these little bite sized beauties are healthy and nutritious so you can feel great giving them any time of day!
What You Need:
- 1 raw, pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!!)
- 1/4 cup kefir
- 1/4 blueberries
- CBD oil
- Mix the pumpkin and the kefir together.
- Fill your molds about 1/4 full.
- Add your pup’s daily dose of CBD to each mold (or, divide it in half). Gently mix it around.
- Take 1-3 blueberries (depending on the size of your mold) and pop them into each.
- Pop the molds into the freezer. Once they’re frozen, transfer them to an airtight container and pop them back in the freezer to keep.