Valentine’s Day is just around the corner (don’t forget!!), and we all know chocolates are a fave for that special someone on your list. This year, put a little extra love in them by making your own CBD chocolates!
Plus, if you’re anything like me, you also want to show your furry friend a little extra love on V-Day, so we’ve got a recipe for them too!
CBD Chocolates Recipe
These bad boys are so easy to make, and you can dress them up any way you like. Want them peanut buttery? Do it. Like cashews or almonds in your chocolate? Add them. Want to switch it up and do white chocolate? Easy.
What You Need:
- Chocolate (chocolate chips or bulk chocolate). I used a full bag and a half of chocolate chips
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- CBD oil
- Your favorite add-ons
- Step 1: Melt down your chocolate on low heat. If you have a double boiler, awesome -use it. If not, use a pot about 1/3 full of water with a stainless steel bowl on top. Stir often.
- Step 2: Once it’s melted, add the coconut oil and stir it around until it’s well blended.
- Step 3: Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and let it sit to for 10 minutes.
- Step 4: Add your CBD. As much or as little as you like, but don’t overdo it. Think ahead of how many your person will eat at once! Mix it in really well.
- Step 5: Add your add-ons.
- Step 6: Fill your molds and put your chocolates into the fridge! Let them harden and you’re good to go!
**Note: If you’re craving some peanut butter in your chocolates, melt it and stir it in when you add the coconut oil.
Valentine’s Treat for Your Pup
Now, I’m not going to make a treat for my partner-in-crime and nothing for my pups. After all, I may like them even more than my significant other (I’m not alone in this – they’ve done studies). No, it’s about equal.
Ok, but seriously. I’m all for making treats for my dogs so that I know exactly what’s in them! And this recipe is no different.
It’s also just as easy as the chocolates!
What You Need:
- 1 raw, pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling!!)
- 1/4 cup kefir
- 1/4 blueberries
- CBD oil
- Step 1: Mix the pumpkin and the kefir together.
- Step 2: Fill your molds about 1/4 full.
- Step 3: Add your pup’s daily dose of CBD to each mold (or, divide it in half). Gently mix it around.
- Step 4: Take 1-3 blueberries (depending on the size of your mold) and pop them into each.
- Step 5: Pop the molds into the freezer. Once they’re frozen, transfer them to an airtight container and pop them back in the freezer to keep.