When you take CBD oil, you take it for a reason. It might be stress, it might be pain, it might be anxiety… whatever the case may be, you take it and you want it – need it – to work.
So, what’s the best way to ensure that? Are there things you can do to maximize the results you want with every drop?
Sure there are! And these 4 CBD tips are the top ones to make it count.
4 CBD Tips
Want to make every drop count? Use these 4 CBD tips to maximize the effects!
1. Eat More Fats
Droping a few drops of tincture in your mouth, or taking it with food are 2 of the most popular ways to consume CBD. However, when you take CBD this way, it has to travel through your digestive tract into the liver. When it gets there, the liver breaks it down, which can reduce the overall potency of the CBD. And that’s a total bummer.
Wait – there’s good news.
If you eat fatty acids when you take your CBD, those fatty acids bind to the cannabinoids and help minimize that potency reduction. They’ll also help increase bioavailability – that’s the rate at which your body is able to absorb a given substance.
Choose foods high in fatty acids like:
- Avocado (add some CBD to your guacamole – here’s a great recipe)
- Fatty fish like salmon and mackerel
- Nuts and seeds
- Plant oils – flaxseed is the highest, but even olive oil is a good source
2. Buy a High-Quality Oil
With so many different CBD oil projects out there, it can be overwhelming trying to find the right one. But finding a high-quality oil is important for it to be effective.
These CBD tips will help you find one:
- Make sure it comes from industrial hemp, grown organically – CBD in the United States should come from industrial hemp. This helps ensure legal levels of THC (<0.3%). And since hemp absorbs toxins from the soil, make sure it comes from hemp that’s grown without the use of pesticides or herbicides.
- Certificate of Analysis – this is a document from an accredited laboratory that shows you exactly what’s in your CBD oil. It shows the quantity of various cannabinoids, along with other possible contaminants like pesticides or heavy metals. It also proves that the potency and purity claims of a company are true.
- How it’s made – there are several different process for extracting CBD from hemp. The best is supercritical CO2 extraction. It’s the cleanest, resulting in the purest oil. It also doesn’t use solvents which can remain in the finish product.
3. Go for Full Spectrum
When it comes to CBD oil, there are several different types of CBD oil you can buy: full spectrum, broad spectrum, isolate. Our favorite is full spectrum.
Full spectrum CBD is made with an extract that contains all or nearly all of the compounds naturally present in the cannabis plant. This obviously includes CBD, as well as many other beneficial cannabinoids like CBN and CBG), terpenes, and flavonoids.
- Terpenes – Terpenes are responsible for the unique scents of cannabis and hemp. They also play an important role in effecting things like stress and pain.
- Flavonoids – Studies have found them to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and anticancer effects. They also protect the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
4. Use it Sublingually
This means taking it orally, under your tongue. This is different from ingesting it in food or drink. With this method, you drop the oil underneath your tongue, holding it there for several seconds (or longer). By taking CBD sublingually it is absorbed by the mucous membranes located in the mouth, bypassing the digestive system and liver. This means it works much faster and you don’t lose any of the concentration.